• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

From TJ to XJ new owner help

XJINCA

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys I made the switch from a TJ to an XJ because I got a deal I simply couldn't pass up. I was wondering if you could help me nail down some of the specifics. I'm not new to wheeling and used to run the Hammers and other trails in SoCal when I lived but I am new to XJ's.
Build sheet: 4.7 Stoker, AW4, Np231 w/sye, HP Dana 44 with 4.88's lockright and warn hubs, Dana 44 with 4.88's and a Detroit, 3 link front with a Panhard (not sure what brand but want to know), High Steer (I think its using chevy knuckles but not sure). boatsided with full internal/exo cage, etc.

My main questions have to do with the front suspension and steering. If any one can nail down brands that would be awesome.

Working on adding picture. Might need to take new ones tonight. The ones I have are pdfs and creating a challenge.

Here is a link to pictures: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/tj-xj-new-owner-help-3398706/#post31836322

Last edited:
Hard to tell without better pics of the belly pan and upper arm. Looks sorta like rough country but they don't have a 3-link.

Coming back to sd anytime soon?

Hard to tell without better pics of the belly pan and upper arm. Looks sorta like rough country but they don't have a 3-link.

Coming back to sd anytime soon?

Not until xmas and that's just for a week or two.. Mostly looking to nail down what was custom fabbed and what was from a kit. The PO didn't do the suspension or axle builds so wasn't a lot of help.

I added more pictures to the thread in the link. (I don't see how to do it on here)

Last edited:
I think the steering is IRO.. Looks similar to the kit on the WJ my friend had recently.

Crossmember resembles RC long arm. But I do not think they make a non-radius arm long arm kit.

Last edited:
The right side of your crossmember appears to be attached with one bolt and maybe a weld!? Hard to tell on my Kindle.
R/C crossmember should have a separate bracket that wraps around the side of the rail for reinforcement.

The right side of your crossmember appears to be attached with one bolt and maybe a weld!? Hard to tell on my Kindle.
R/C crossmember should have a separate bracket that wraps around the side of the rail for reinforcement.

I would agree with the thoughts that it is the RC crossmember. It is welded along the plated unibody and is solid. I had similar concerns when I first saw it.

As for the rest of the front suspension I don't think its out of any "kit" the more I look at it. The upper frame side is built onto the xmember off the frame.

Back