• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to mount a hi lift jack on roof rack?

Nichkojr.7

NAXJA Forum User
Hello I would like to mount a hi lift jack onto my roof rack. I have some ideas about how to accomplish this. Another concern is that a 48" jack is pretty heavy!
Any advise/ideas would be appreciated Thanks
1f429be5d96307884c008c36ace65cce.jpg

2230a06bd4c82e07ea6099e593c82568.jpg

c2ceec401374a0eaab9b4417181da11a.jpg

What's the point of having the hi lift if you don't have any lift points on your jeep to use it.

Spend your money on useful stuff first, like recovery points and gear. Rock sliders etc. Stuff like light bars and hi lift can wait.

Is that the roof rack you made out of electrical conduit? If so please do not mount a 40# hunk of flying death up there. It will break your "rack" and it will hurt/kill someone.

If it's really made of conduit I wouldn't mount a hi-lift to it either. On my previous XJ I simply drilled the stock roof rack for bolts and mounted it to that but for this Jeep if I don't mount it in the interior like I want I think I'm going to go low and mount it to the rear bumper.

PLEASE do the suggestions you've been given in this thread. I'm sure you don't want to be the guy who has a high lift kill somebody because you think it'll look "cool" on your roof rack. There's a reason why they cost as much as they do. A real rack is a lot stronger than the one you have.

That's a good way to kill it with road grime and salt. Seriously. Put it under your back seat.

BUT IT DOESN'T LOOK COOL THERE!!!!!!

For the record mine mounts to the rear bumper, but I only mount it when I am going on an offroad trip. I don't have to worry about salt, but I don't want someone to steal it.

For the record mine mounts to the rear bumper, but I only mount it when I am going on an offroad trip. I don't have to worry about salt, but I don't want someone to steal it.

This is a great point: I would always feel uneasy if I were to park and leave a Benjamin sitting on the rear bumper, especially if it's just to look cool.

I'll give you credit, dude. You are a persistent guy. All three of your threads - this one, the light bar, and the DIY rack - you keep getting steered in a better direction safety and common sense wise but you keep asking your questions until you find someone to give you the answer you want.

Ultimately, it's your Jeep so do what you want. The rack isn't going to hold weight, the light bar is not legal for DOT use, and you can't use a hi-lift on your truck because you have no lift points.

Ever heard that phrase "Chrome won't get you home?" Well, neither will any thing you are doing. Seems to me that you are more interested in appearance than you are in having a safe, capable rig.

Back