• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MORE off-set spring pads

ehall

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I want to stretch my rear driveshaft by 1" so I can use the same WJ driveshaft that I run in the front. The cheapest and fastest option seems to be buying the MORE off-set spring pads, and drilling a hole in the upper plate. Anybody else using these things?

I'm concerned that the rearward OME shock (with the metal housing) is already touching the tube, so shifting the axle back may result in binding.

I'm also a little concerned that the 6-degree shims I'm currently using may not work with the plate.

Also thinking I should just get some new perches and weld them on, then use the off-set holes in that. That gets rid of the shim problem, but not the shock interference issue.

Interesting item you found. New to me, but seems plausible.
Since welding looks like an option, I would say get a new set of perches and maybe some aftermarket leaf plates that are already drilled for off-set use. set your pinion angle as necessary and burn it all in.

As for the rear shock, possibly cut off the mount, clean the area up and, burn it in where it will work better (or possibly buy/make new mounts for the shocks). Heck, might need/want to do that with the other shock mount.

Ruffstuff makes perches with 3 holes

Back