• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Strengthener

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
NAXJA Member
It's a trackbar brace, they are nothing new. Crucial on lifted xj's that see speed offroad.

I've had problems with the bolt holes wallowing out at the trackbar bracket side, so much so that I now run a heim there. Obviously you don't need any misalignment, but 1)the materials were there and ready, 2) the heim is hardened, something not done so cheap in the garage, and 3)now I Always have a spare 3/4-rh heim

When I got my RE1660HD, mount and brace, I noticed a difference after install. I did that before I had frame stiffeners installed. I can tell you that my track bar bracket bolts are always tight when I check.
That specific one, I do not know much about. But, I would say something more substantial like the RE, Synergy, clayton etc makes more sense. Those have the same style, 2 bolt mounts on the ends.

The biggest advantage is if you have a track bar mount that drops a lot. It's going to help avoid rocking the mount back and forth as you turn the wheel with bigger tires. It's pretty easy making one yourself. Both a steering box brace and track bar brace can help significantly. It's cheap insurance

I run the same one since it worked perfectly with my ruffstuff mount

The weld on mount? The inside the frame mount or outside the frame mount? I have been looking for something like this since I welded on the outside the frame mount.

Back