• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

track bar parallel to axle centerline

95silverstallion

NAXJA Forum User
How critical is it that my track bar is parallel to my front axle centerline? I installed a ruffstuff 1 ton steering kit and had to move the axle side TB mount rearward to gain tie rod clearance. Now im about 1.5" closer on the axle side as I am the frame side.

AS long as there is no binding at the joint its fine.

It seems to be OK. Im just finishing up my lift. Im about 4.5" lift. Ive driven it just a bit and get some DW when I hit a big bump. Not terrible but its there.

U joints, ball joints, all tie rods and TB all brand new. I have no front sway bar and no steering dampener either.

TB and drag link are within 1/2" overall length. Drag link angle is 14*, TB is 12*. Still stock old control arms and bushings, 167k miles. Obviously I have poor control arm angles. That's the next project.

I got rid of my death wobble by changing my upper control arm bushing that are pressed into the axle. I used a ball joint press to get mine out. Hope that helps.

Are you planning on adding lateral gusseting to the UCA axle mount? I've seen similar setups peel off due to lateral loading. I like do the midarm LCA setup.

Last edited:
Back