• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lake Fire Recon Run *Behind locked gates* - Sun. Aug. 30

GSequoia

Everyone says I'm a jerk.
NAXJA Member
Greg Hoffman is leading a scouting run this Sunday and we're invited. I plan to attend. Please post up here if you do, to.

Ranger Greg said:
I will be leading a black diamond 4x4 run behind locked gates on Sunday, August 30th. Leaving Big Bear Discovery Center at 0900. Driving up and over 2N93 (Wildhorse Meadows) down to Highway 38, we'll catch 1N02 at Heart Bar Campground and then explore 1N37 (Bean Flats Road-Black Diamond) onto 1N05 (Fish Creek Road) and turn on 1N05C (Cabazon Overlook) for a view of Palm Springs and Salton Sea (based on good visibility) . Much of this drive is located within the Lake Fire area. This will be a preliminary recon to assess fire damage and basic Adopt-a-Trail road conditions.

If you have the driving skill and have a vehicle capable (4x4 with 2" lift and one locker) of negotiating a low end, black diamond road, feel welcome to join in on this adventure. All of the usual required items will be expected of you on this run. Lots of drinking water, leather gloves, good running vehicle (fuel too), two meals, dress in layers and bring a camera just in case.

Thank you,

Ranger Greg.

Last edited:
Got an open passenger seat?

I wish...but my Jeep isn't built up enough yet.

And I have a high probability of ending up in the doghouse. I am going to be gone all day Saturday on a countywide transmitter hunt. If I end up having to hide for the next one The Bride will already be tallying my play time. Too much capital already at risk.

I wish...but my Jeep isn't built up enough yet.

And I have a high probability of ending up in the doghouse. I am going to be gone all day Saturday on a countywide transmitter hunt. If I end up having to hide for the next one The Bride will already be tallying my play time. Too much capital already at risk.

Take the kids and leave her a Burke Williams gift card. She won't be mad at you, I promise!

Back