• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid plate options w/ a IRO 5.5 LA kit?

XabuJr

NAXJA Forum User
So while putting in the IRO 5.5 kit this last weekend, I realized there is zero skid plate options to protect my TC. First thing I did was check IRO's page to see if they had a plate that worked w/ their long arm setups.. Nothing.

So since the new long arms are bolted to the cross member, I now need to find a way to cover that up. Is custom fabrication about my only option or has anyone found aftermarket that works pretty well with few changes?

Fab is really the only answer. The ones I have seen that are simple and nice, use some kind of tube, in a "u" 180 bend, and a flat plate underneath. Maybe make it removable, or at least some kind of drain to make it easier for that. Serious offroad crossmember comes to mind as an example.

I used a factory transfer case skid back when I had a IRO long arm....

I'd say either fab something up, or you could buy jcr' belly skid and just bolt it up behind the cross member. That's what I plan to do with my new setup

Back