• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Xj lower control arm with stock upper

Well a little more information is needed for a clear answer. What size lift are you running? What type of wheeling do you do (if any)? For a small lift like around 3", and mild to no wheeling, upgraded lowers and stock uppers are okay, but you have to take into consideration that your stock upper control arm bushings are now 18 years old and may also need replacing. If that were the case, I would consider replacement upper arms.

I just got this Xj so I'm trying to get it in shape it currently has a 6" lift with 33" tires but has stock arms I'm using this truck as my dd and I go off reading like Rausch Creek

I have 2 brand new lower long arms that was going to put on my lifted wj I just sold. I heard with a little bit of modding I could squeeze them on the Xj I figure I'll just buy the upper long arms also

Your at 6" on stock control arms??!!! :eek:

I would say uppers and lowers (both adjustable) and I'd seriously consider drop brackets.....
OR
Do it right, once, and build or buy a long arm. Radius or 3 link, doesn't really matter, anything will be better than the stock arms!

CAD brackets would work. But, unless you get a great deal on some adjust CA's. Mid/Long arms make more sense.
Definitely consider uniframe stiffeners.

I've got a very nice long arm kit for sale. Brand new. See the For sale thread in the NAC chapter. Located in upstate New York. $700, with donation going to NAXJA.

David Bricker / SYR - RDU

Last edited:
Back