• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

86 MJ "Project Graduation Present"

DrMoab

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a fairly clean long bed MJ today that has already had the front clip and doors installed from a 97.

The plan for this is to build it over the next few years with my son as motivation to keep him in school. If he graduates with what I consider an acceptable GPA and a few othe requirements it will be his. He's only 12 so we have some time.

The plans are to build a mild wheeler-expedition-go where ever rig. Right now it's got a 4 banger and a 4 speed. I'd really like to put an LS in it.

Has anyone here done an LS swap on an 84-86 with the firewall and radiator support differences? It seems like they would almost fit better than a 4.0L

I'll post some photos of the truck in a bit when I'm on my phone.

50e2405a1d3cc4f5d49a269aa9f45591.jpg

7d2468fe532b0a183f1bb09c50133446.jpg

I know that it's common to run the older style SBC in these. So, I really do not see an LS-based engine being an issue. GOing to keep it manual with the swap or swap to auto?

Back