• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fastdemise Mj OTA to UTA

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
Fastdemise was having some troubles lining up help to swap his rear axle back to UTA like stock on MJ's. My XJ runs some relocation brackets, and fuel injector adapters that lance had gave me a screaming deal on a few years back. I figured id offer up some ass-isc-tonce! evidently someone started to cobble together a lift for the MJ he had recently picked up. I wondered why he wanted to do such a mod, then he rolled into the shop with said MJ... He must have been @ about 5" of lift in the rear, and like 1.5" in the front. He still rocks a built XJ so the MJ was to be for DD'n and the normal pickup stuff. no need for a monster lift.

we pulled it in, and made short work of the rear axle removal!
FILE0085_zpsfvxwjibl.jpg

FILE0084_zps5fjsrwlu.jpg

FILE0094_zpsaku1qk0c.jpg

Two Jeeps, NO rear axles...Hasta
FILE0088_zpsgayvrwpr.jpg

After said axle was out, we decided to put it up in the air a little close to our hands to do the dirty stuff.
FILE0095_zpsqsyjlzw0.jpg

Lance, getting it on with the grinder!
FILE0098_zps5o3ouumd.jpg

it turned out that the axle was actually an XJ axle. this would explain the situation. We took turns grinding, loosing the grinder, hamering, loosing the hammer, and finally finish grinding:clap:
FILE0101_zpsss6sfwke.jpg

We went a little deep on her, so we had to add some metal back to the axle.

FILE0105_zpsoz5a2jh8.jpg

FILE0107_zpsoidp09ru.jpg

Every Mj should have a Charlie.
FILE0117_zpsbtfbiysw.jpg

We got the new perches on, shot with some etching primer then good ol black rattle can, then it was off to bolting it up :)

FILE0111_zpss27se92q.jpg

When it hit the ground, it looked like this. A little low. But much more manageable for building upon for what lance has in mind. I really dident think it was that tall until this point :eek:

FILE0110_zpsfocm3h2b.jpg

Lance immediately dropped the tail gate, poped a squat, and was met by a smiling Charlie. Followed by "yep, that's what I was looking for" I think he was liking the fact that we were about done.

FILE0118_zpsqvz47z2g.jpg

FILE0119_zpsszu00pvj.jpg

It had been in the upper 90*s all day, it took us longer than I thought, but in the end I think it was well worth it. Just got our sweat on for the day.

Lance, it was good to finally meet you! glad to hear you still got the xj. Hopefully we can get some camping in soon. Take care Buddy!

Bronze.

P.S. I still need to mail up your 13/16" in exchange for my 18mm. Doh.

haha, I just got around to looking for this post. So glad you were able to help me get this truck fixed up. I ended up lowering the front a bit as well to give me the look/ride quality I am looking for in my DD. I'll have to snap a few current photos. Nothing spectacular for this rig. Just keep it running and chugging along. I did end up selling the ol' Cherokee. After getting the MJ I just drove it everywhere and the XJ wasn't getting used.

Back