• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clayton off-road shims

levi11

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I need some help. I have a 2000 xj Cherokee with a 4.5" lift. I have some shims from Clayton off-road and the hole in the shim is too big for the center pin. If you look at the pictures I ran a nut in the hole and put a washer on the end of the center pin. I'm not sure if this will work, but I thought I would get some expertise on this. Any advice would be great.

Thanks
0a7d23ef7386dcb938812a354565be6f.jpg
8b1e2e2388abd4d1f7e44895a461dea0.jpg
b7a86394c0ac2039cf667c0872cc8fd1.jpg

That style shim is not designed to be captured or bolted to the spring. It is designed to just sit in there and be held in place by friction and the u-bolts.

That's why the hole is too big, so it can fit over nut or bolt head.

It will work, but check it after any serious wheeling to make sure it hasn't moved, and make sure it is centered properly when you torque the u-bolts.

You did the right thing as long as your shim doesn't bottom out before the leaf pack is clamped tight by the U bolts.

Back