• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need oba thread

Are you plumbing off the A/C or buying a kit such as a Viar? I live in Apple Valley, Your more than welcome to come check mine out, It's plumbed off the A/C.

Are you plumbing off the A/C or buying a kit such as a Viar? I live in Apple Valley, Your more than welcome to come check mine out, It's plumbed off the A/C.

Where did you get the adapters for the output/input of the AC unit?

Also, did you tear out the AC piece (the condenser I think?) that is inside the passenger side? Or just leave it there?

Unfortunately the pictures no longer show in my writeup I did a while back , but here is a link:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=994978

I did not remove the core from inside the cab, but I did remove the condenser from in front of the radiator (figured it would help with cooling).

If you have any questions or want any pictures, I can probably dig them up and send them to you. The Jeep is currently in pieces, but I think I still have most of the under hood stuff hooked up.

I finished my recently and been meaning to make a write up. Used a York 210 with a serp pulley from Ryder fleet products. Mounted on the pass side so I could retain their factory ac. I have a 7 gallon tank mounted in the rear and can fill a 35 from 0 psi to 30 in about a minute. Bracket attaches to the stock motor mount, block and power steering bracket. We added an extra idler pulley between the compressor and PS pump to ensure enough wrap. Uses a stock lbz duramax belt and all routing otherwise is stock.

2z7haax.jpg

I finished my recently and been meaning to make a write up. Used a York 210 with a serp pulley from Ryder fleet products. Mounted on the pass side so I could retain their factory ac. I have a 7 gallon tank mounted in the rear and can fill a 35 from 0 psi to 30 in about a minute. Bracket attaches to the stock motor mount, block and power steering bracket. We added an extra idler pulley between the compressor and PS pump to ensure enough wrap. Uses a stock lbz duramax belt and all routing otherwise is stock.

2z7haax.jpg

I am definitely interested in a writeup on that.

I need to get off my tablet and on a PC and I'll upload all the pictures and list of parts. I spent around 400 bucks on the whole setup. It's actually cool because it can all be bolted into any Cherokee with drilling ANY holes. That even includes the tank mount. We made it so if I ever need to remove it or get another xj it can be bolted in just as if it were stock.

k3vryb.jpg

azb1w7.jpg

You may be over thinking this.
If you have a 96 or older, the A/C fittings are threaded. Just find some brass fittings that fit and call it a day. My roomie's AC setup (on his 94) was dead simple. Just run a filtered air source to an inline oiler, to the A/C input, then a check valve > oil seperator/filter > air block with your pressure switch, blow off valve, and output (and whatever else you need). Cut the stock A/C rad out enitrely, leave the HVAC side in (I plumbed my coolant lines to it because my HVAC is ****ed. worked great).

If you're on a 97+ A/C unit, you probably have to tap some threads on our inlet/outlet. Isn't too much work, just be mindful of where that metal is going.

The only thing that really gets people is that the outlet can get VERY hot. In some cases, you may find that a copper coil may be required on the outlet to keep it from melting your hoses and oil filter. I just grabbed some 3/8 copper tubing, wrapped it around a can of pb blaster, stuck on some compression fittings, and bolted it to my outlet. Dropped the output temp by 40 degrees celcius (that's a lot of F's for you 'Muricans).

This is a relatively simple hack. If you have no idea what you're doing, expect to spend most of a day on it. I've done 5 now and takes me about 20 minutes.

Im more interested in the bracket than anything. I cant loose my ac. Us muricans see well over tripple digit heat (thats Fahrenheits) and high humidity.

NJXJ666 That looks like a very clean setup. Wondering about routing to the rear tank an all that. And which york you used.

York 210 from a late 70s bronco. Bought it local rebuilt for 50 bucks. I routed dot air line under all the interior trim to the tank.

Back