• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dual oil pressure sensors?

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, without making it too much work, what do I need to do to have two oil pressure sensors on the XJ? I'm not 100% trusting what the stock oil pressure sensor is sowing on the XJ - I would like to run two sensors in parallel (I have manual gauge) for a while. Is there a splitter that's easy to install? oh yeah 97 XJ

A simple tee fitting I think would work off of the stock sender location. Your local parts store should have edelmann/other fittings.

My XJ just had a idiot light for oil pressure. I installed a aftermarket pressure gauge. It came with a sending unit that has two out puts, one variable for the guage, one for the light.

OK, without making it too much work, what do I need to do to have two oil pressure sensors on the XJ? I'm not 100% trusting what the stock oil pressure sensor is sowing on the XJ - I would like to run two sensors in parallel (I have manual gauge) for a while. Is there a splitter that's easy to install? oh yeah 97 XJ

I took out the fitting that accept the oil sender, drill and tapped it to 1/8" NPT. My intention was to use an old style oil light switch to trigger a relay but decided against it later. Well, actually it was to be reverse switch which would have provided ground when there is oil pressure.

Back