• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! '94 XJ no fuel, no spark

yj_evolution

NAXJA Forum User
1994 XJ, 4.0 HO, AW4 4x4

My XJ had a few issues with the under hood wiring harness but it always ran fine. I decided to get a junkyard harness that was in good shape and swapped it out to clean it up some. I had to splice the TPS connector and crank position sensor from my old harness to the new harness. Once the new harness was swapped in, she started up and ran for a couple of seconds and died. I cleaned all of my grounds, cleaned out the connector where the harness bolts to the fuse block at the firewall and put a bunch of dielectric grease in it, I swapped out the CPS, I swapped the ASD relay with a few other relays, and it has no spark and no fuel. There was no change with anything I tried. So then I spliced the CPS and TPS connectors back into my original harness and put it back in. I still don't have any spark or fuel. I also replaced my battery cables somewhere in there.

Any ideas? I need to get this thing going, it's in the way and I obviously can't drive it. TIA.

Back