• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new tire , cooper stt pro

srb531

NAXJA Member
any one running this tire yet ? i know its a bfg copy , but way cheaper & cooper makes a good tire. i now run the cooper stt & its a great tire.

I'm in the market for some new shoes as well. I have not run it yet myself but I did have my tire dealer bring one by the shop to check it out.

The compound was soft in my opinion, similar to my maxxis creepy crawlers on my XJ. Softer than a set of regular STT's. Ought to be nice and grabby.

The tire he brought by was a 305/70r16 I believe. I'm still on the fence with this tire...not as aggressive as I would like but still a great looking tire. I think the void ratios would be larger with the 37's I need.

These tires cost the same as a 37/14.00r15 Irok bias and I know the Irok will do what I need it to do. I hate to gamble $1500 on 5 tires that "might" be badass.

My concerns are sidewall durability(only 3 ply) I wheel in south Texas rocks so I need some tough ass sidewalls. They don't have a 37" for a 15" rim either. I'd have to step it up to 17's...I run 37/12.50r15 at the moment so my 15" Weld convo pros would have to go and I love those rims.

If I take the jump I'll report back with a review.

Back