• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Can't find any flares I Like

Milner

NAXJA Forum User
I am not a fan of the Pocket or Flat style flares. I have googled and searched forums and can't come up with anything more stock looking (I don't need the cut out of the Notch)
I would love the old pre96 bushwacker extend a fenders. But can't find any Discontinued?

Any one know of any clean/simple flare with a little wider coverage?

Flexy flares?

those bushwackers (napier products) are about as far out as you're going to find

Napier's are not nearly as big as Brushcrackers. Totally different companies as well.

Notch Customs owns the Iceland molds now. There is a pretty lengthy review of the Notch flares on Comanche Club. The buyer is less than satisfied with them.

Last edited:
I was in the same position then decided to trim.

7a41c010a0dead628ce484fccd26ea48.jpg
a5bfa387587b030e33a4e4fa40606c36.jpg

That's is one the cleanest trim jobs I've seen.
Is that trim molding or paint?

Napier's are not nearly as big as Brushcrackers. Totally different companies as well.

Notch Customs owns the Iceland molds now. There is a pretty lengthy review of the Notch flares on Comanche Club. The buyer is less than satisfied with them.
Thx for the clarification, they look almost identical.

I trimmed as well. If street legal is a priority that may not work depending on your state

True, Rusty's used to offer some of the nicest looking flares I have seen but, apparently they have left this product behind. My guess is the Napier flares are the best product available in the states.

I have also wondered about the flares from the people I see on ebay from Poland...ttuning or, something like that. Has anyone tried these and how satisfied or dissatisfied were you? They have always been more affordable but, you have to be concerned with some level of importation fee being levied on these since US companies exist (ie., Napier, Bushwacker, etc.). Even if a fee would be applied it should only be a small one...I think.

I used TJ rear fender flares all the way around. I have smashed them on rocks and been very suprised they have not ripped off. Super happy with them.

I used TJ rear fender flares all the way around. I have smashed them on rocks and been very suprised they have not ripped off. Super happy with them.

That's what I did on my old '94 way back in the day. It took a bit of careful trimming but they fit well. I think I paid $50 for all four flares. They aren't the "best looking" option out there, but they offered the best bang for the buck at the time and they kept mud from flinging onto the windshield when I had to wheel in the wet. I just couldn't bring myself to spend the kind of money aftermarket flares cost when I knew there was a high probability that I'd either rip them off or break them. I was pretty rough on that old XJ lol

This is the only pic I have of it. Sorry for the low quality.

I just did Rear TJ flares on the front, trimmed the rear and moved the stock flares up. Also put trim molding on the body side of the rear flare to space them out a bit.

e98z12.jpg

Back