• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Oil Filter Adaptor ?'s

ROBZ95Xj

NAXJA Forum User
1995 4.0 195k

currently replacing the o rings on the oil filter adaptor, there the only seal I didn't replace on this motor 4 years ago and its costed me 2 starters in the past year. Anyways got it off and the setpin that keeps it from rotating is missing, is that the only reason for it or is there another reason for this setpin?(or whatever its called) the bolt came out very easy with a T55 bit as it was screwed up enough that the T60 wouldn't fit, so that means its been apart at some point, wich is odd as the Jeep has been in the family since 98 in wich it had 90k on it then and its only had regular maintnence

The roll pin indexes the filter adapter, simple as that.

I would replace the roll pin and the center bolt. The next maintenance may not be so easy.

Put it back together without the pin, and I used the bolt from a spare 4.0. Not sure if I'm keeping this motor after this year

Back