• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Swapping headliners: 99 with dome light, 98 with OHC

BOOMroasted

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of getting my 98 ready to sell and some help would be very much appreciated. I just bought a 99 with the dome light and I would like to swap the two so I can keep the OHC in my vehicle. I would like to get some more information before I go and tear out a perfectly good headliner from my 98.

1. Will the dome light now be able to bolt up to what is left in the 98 after removing the OHC bracket?

9eEGNeFl.jpg

I can't find a picture of the roof of a jeep that had the OHC. Will I see a bracket like this and the removeable OHC bracket?? This is in my 99.

2. Will the dome light harness plug into the 98 without a problem?

3. Where do I unplug these wiring harnesses? I see they run down the a-pillar.

My priority now is getting everything out of the 98 and getting the 99 headliner and dome light into the 98 and ready to sell. I know I will run into issues with the OHC wiring harness in the 99 but I will worry about that later.

You will need to swap brackets and swap wire harnesses. The console and non-console wire harnesses and brackets are different. The 98 wire plugs are different than the 99 wire plugs. The wire harness unplugs from near the fuse box. You can cut off the wire plugs and hard wire the wire harness, or if you are patient and careful, you can disassemble the wire plugs and swap them also.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back