• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Easy E Brake cable connection for disc conversions

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
Well I will be installing Liberty rear disc's on my 8.25 rear.I have searched for dealing with the E Brake connection from cables to simple folding of the cable with a wire rope clamp.I believe after my own investigation for a neat,clean and functional way to go about it I think this may be the best idea with out getting new cables or a not so factory looking way to go about it.I measured the cable which is 1/8" I stumbled upon a clevis end ment for Harley Knucklehead's has 1/8" cable.It simply goes through a nut,installs into a hole then loops back into the nut.The clevis has a slot for the cable to fit into.I am going to purchase them.Here is the link...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Brake...f&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=261916257684&rt=nc

And here...

http://www.billscustomcycles.com/sc_images/products/1080_large_image.jpg

Let me know what you think!! It would also let you custom cut the cable and have a place for the spring to seat.

Last edited:
I went online to Morris 4x4 and stepped up for the disc brake conversion cables.

I got those part numbers and bought them from another vendor (who supports naxja) for a much cheaper price before and after shipping.

I used Ford Explorer and Grand Cherokee cables. Got the grand Cherokee cable at the junkyard the same day as I found the liberty stuff. I think it was $5? The explorer cable came from rock auto and was a couple bucks, since I needed pads anyway. Went that route, cause when it breaks I can go to any parts store and order it if not just buy it off the shelf. Custom conversion cables only have the lifetime of the vendor, sometimes less.

When I helped a friend of mine do the rear disc swap the "kit" came with driver side ZJ cable. And he used a KJ (liberty) passenger cable. He has a 2000, so the lengths are different side to side because of cable bracket mounting. All off the shelf parts.
I have also heard that the backing plates can be swapped side to side to run the calipers in front.

This solution has worked well for 12 years on the 2 rigs that I've done rear disc swaps on.

000_0485.jpg

Back