• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stock tire carrier from an 87 XJ on a 95

Lake919

NAXJA Forum User
So I am at the JY and came across a stock tire carrier and bumper both in great shape. Will this fit on my 95?
a6e6d06fb7f6267764f252990e74333b.jpg
7e75d8639479993f65877a93648f186b.jpg

You can make it work, just need to get all the pieces. There is a plate behind the quarterpanel trim, and more stuff in the hatch. You will need the bumper too, at least to trace the holes and might need to move the whole thing over depending.

You can make it work, just need to get all the pieces. There is a plate behind the quarterpanel trim, and more stuff in the hatch. You will need the bumper too, at least to trace the holes and might need to move the whole thing over depending.

X2 get the brackets, there is one that goes directly behind the bumper mount and connects to the lower quarter panel/cross frame. The one inside the upper quarter panel helps keep the panel from buckling. 84'-96' it will swap over it's late models you need to modify(like I did)

I currently have a Chrysler 8.25. Going to get my axle tomorrow and try for that tire carrier. Before I do, can that thing hold my Moab rims and 31's?

I currently have a Chrysler 8.25. Going to get my axle tomorrow and try for that tire carrier. Before I do, can that thing hold my Moab rims and 31's?

Yes here is mine with a 31 on it and I have seen them with 33 also. I also found mine in a J/Y and installed it on my 96. I added a loop for my CB antena as you can see. Be sure to get everything as suggested and take measurements for the hole locations on the quarter panel mount.

Good luck

Not to be picky, but remember to relocate the third brake lamp too. Some picky cop can put a real damper on a good mood. Unless its trail only, in which case, it won't matter.

Not to be picky, but remember to relocate the third brake lamp too. Some picky cop can put a real damper on a good mood. Unless its trail only, in which case, it won't matter.

Yep your right good call. I added mine just above the tire and below the CB antenna mount , it is hard to see in the picture. You can see the wires for the brake light and the coax in the view from the back side.

Back