• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

One more gauge question

blacklabel21

NAXJA Forum User
water gauge question

I have a 1997 jeep cherokee 4.0 4wd auto. i just installed a maxtow water temperature gauge.I used 3/8" NPT female threaded T fitting.My question is my temperature reading is lower then its suppose to.And the only time which i seen it go up to 200 is when its shut off.Right now i am confused about this and need help.And i only have the dummy lights in my gauge cluster.

Last edited:
Where did you pout the temp sensor? that has a large roll in accurate reading. Also a T fitting likely is not the best way to do it, they make adapters that you cut the hose and install a coupler with a port on it that allows for the sensor to be in stream of the coolant. Is this the kind of T fitting you say you have?

1822283_R_1c8ce71c.jpg

Graphic from http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Auto-Meter-2283-Water-Temperature-Radiator-Hose-Adapter,113688.html

Back