• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JTEC idle control illustrated and explained

hexdmy

NAXJA Forum User
Sidewaysstarion and I have put together this little video to help people understand how JTEC idle control works on your Jeep. More specifically we perform a minimum air flow test (which is normally done with a DRB3). I've seen so many people post on this forum, pleading for help while trying to diagnose their own vehicle, with absolutely no or very little understanding of what is happening. A lot of helpful people with some experience give advice, and usually there is a lot of time spent, a lot of parts changed, and more often than not the problem is not resolved.

I think it's great to share information, and help fellow Jeep people. However, if you are not willing to invest the time and effort to understand why your Jeep is not working correctly, then I is my opinion you should not be attempting to diagnose and repair your vehicle. I've seen many instances where people have spent a considerable amount of time(=money) and thrown many parts at their Jeep trying to fix a simple issue. This is not the way to fix a problem, either understand what's going on, get the proper tools to diagnose your Jeep or have a professional fix it for you, it will cost you less money in the end.

Besides the video, we have included the two log files of the data that is shown in the video, that can be viewed in either AEMData or AEMLog.

right click and save as below:

AEM Data Template

Before throttle body cleaning

After throttle body cleaning

AEM Log parameters

AEM Data Installer

AEM Log Installer

Back