• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Airbake cookie sheet for catalytic heat barrier.

Demonoid369

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
So I've done a bit of researching and it looks like what little pics there was are gone, anyone have updated or any pics of mounting a airbake cookie sheet above the cat? I was thinking of bending the one side with the semi bent edge to a 90 degree bend and using that as the part to screw on to the inner uniframe. I've heard some used self tapping screws and a nut to space it off the floor? Just trying to get some pics to help others and myself for ideas.

The one Ive seen was strapped around the cat with large hose clamps, nuts and bolts through the sheet kept airspace in between.

I did the self tappers thru the floor.

Didnt bother with a nut to space it, the airbakes are already a 2 layer sheet with its own gap.

I'd go take a picture but without pulling the jeep out of the garage it won't show up well, and its on jack stands at the moment.

This was actually over my muffler, before we used said muffler as a skid plate during the last KOH. I slapped this one in just to get the car back on the road. The important part is that you can see how its mounted.

Ignore the holes where you can see screws have been before, we removed it to change the trans lines once and didnt reuse the holes when we remounted it.

IMG_20150618_084128598_zpsn281k9oe.jpg

It also shields the trans cooler lines from the muffler heat, where they go through the floor up to the cooler, which is in the rear passenger door window.

IMG_20150618_084120662_zpszt7pwoue.jpg

Back