• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need hints on where to find Discontinued AC Parts

Rob Mayercik

NAXJA Member #920
NAXJA Member
Apparently one of my AC lines started leaking, so my AC is not working. Naturally, it's the one line that the shop (and, so far, myself) have been unable to locate a replacement for.

The failed part is the "AC Refrigerant Liquid Line" that runs from condenser to receiver/dryer, Chrysler part number 56004839. Unfortunately, Chrysler has discontinued this part number (no real surprise) no dealer in the country has one in stock, and I have not been able so far to locate anyone making an after-market replacement.

Does anyone know:

1. Of a possible source for this part (who actually has one in stock)?

2. If the equivalent part for the 97-01 models will work on a '92? It was converted to R134 nearly 10 years ago, if that makes any difference.

3. Other ideas?

take old line to local A/C shop, have them make replacement.

simple as that. They're just crimped lines.

Good to know. I'll look into those ideas.

If you can find an "old school" parts store in a small town, chances are they either make them on site or know where to go.

I your cheap like me go to Pick a part! Run a pipe tube wire brush through it tie a wire feed wire or electrical wire to pull it through and clean it with citrus cleaner or Zep orange all!

Might be - I converted to R134 years ago. I'll drop Trailquest a note and see if they can tell me if that part interchanges with my year.

Thanks for the tip!

Back