• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trail Leaders

Cottontail

Three-De Off-Road
We are looking for 4 daily trail leaders for the Crawl. We are going to get them assigned, then let them pick their gunner from the folks that are assigned to that group that day.

If you are willing to lead, we need one (01) leader for a daily easy trail, and three (03) leaders for daily moderate trails.

We are going to let the Hard Trails work themselves out on site - or perhaps Ghost and Lowrange will post up a separate thread to coordinate those rides. That is all on them!!

Please post here if you are willing - or send a PM to Cottontail.

Hard Trails will depart at 9:15 and 9:20.

Easy Trail will depart at 9:30

Trail leaders will be given 2 handhelds to use with their tailgunners during the daily rides. These are the property of the SEC and will be passed out each morning and collected each evening.

Moderate Trails will depart at 9:35, 9:40, and 9:45

Last edited:
Hey y'all, we still need trail leaders. Please, consider helping us out for this event - especially those that have been to Harlan several times.

Please let us know if you are willing.

You know I'm in.

Gotcha Ed. Can always count on you! Thanks.

Folks, we still need leaders! Dirk, Andy & Myself really can't be leaders this year since we'll need to bail a little early each day to head back to camp and get the evening events set up for everyone to enjoy. Please consider helping us out!

I don't feel like I'm qualified since we've only been there twice and both times ran virtually the same trails.

IF no one else is willing or able I will make a go at it for at least 1 of the 2 days for one of the moderate rides.

This place is for the most part very well marked. I went for the first time in 08 then our second time back lead the Empire guys around. Anyone with a good sense of direction and a map can get around this place fairly easy!

The best way to learn is to just do it. After 6 years I'm pretty good at getting around. I learn new trails every trip.

Trail leading is going to be a much easier proposition this year. We are trying to do more smaller runs this year so that we don't have one person taking 15 to 18 rigs up the mountain. We've already had experienced trail leaders offer to meet with new trail leaders to help them determine routing.

If my rig is fixed I'll try.

If not...I'm not sure I can because there's 3 of us that would need a seat.

I appreciate that we're having a greater number of smaller groups this year. I've been pondering it for a while and I'm willing to lead one of the moderate groups. I've been down there a number of times, but usually not paying that much attention because someone else is leading. :doh:

Having said that, the place is pretty well marked, I've been looking over the map and figuring some things out. It sounds like Ed's approach, I'll learn more by doing it than anything else. I think I've talked K5Matt into gunning for the group.

Any help I can get on routing and not conflicting with the other groups would be great. I will be down there Wednesday night so hopefully Thursday I can do some running around and plan things out better.

I appreciate that we're having a greater number of smaller groups this year. I've been pondering it for a while and I'm willing to lead one of the moderate groups. I've been down there a number of times, but usually not paying that much attention because someone else is leading. :doh:

Having said that, the place is pretty well marked, I've been looking over the map and figuring some things out. It sounds like Ed's approach, I'll learn more by doing it than anything else. I think I've talked K5Matt into gunning for the group.

Any help I can get on routing and not conflicting with the other groups would be great. I will be down there Wednesday night so hopefully Thursday I can do some running around and plan things out better.

There will be a few of us running trails on Wednesday. I'm at site 3 if I can help come one over and I'll offer my suggestions.

Awesome Brad and Matt!

I will be arriving Wednesday and we can plan a sit down to go over the trails and what and where you want to go. It will be great.

Come find me. I'll be there on Wednesday afternoon and we can get set up for one of the moderate runs. We have one run that is full and 2 left to fill.

I'll be monitoring a master list of trail runs, leaders, and drivers for each run.

Jason, come see me also. I think we can work you in on one.

Thanks for stepping up guys.

Back