• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement rear shocks 5.5" lift question

cliff h

NAXJA Forum User
I have a Rubicon Express 5.5" lifted '99 XJ with blown rear shocks. The rear leaf pack has an add a leaf for extra load capacity. My compressed measurement is 21", and extended 27". I don't really need high zoot shocks, but I need something. The counter guy at Napa said that 15 years ago he had books with shock measurements, but could not help me. I currently don't have bar pin eliminators, but I am willing to get some to have rear shocks again. Does anyone know of a rear shock that fits my measurement criteria?

I was looking at that bar pin eliminator kit on a friend of mine's XJ! We assumed that it had been fabbed up (probably would not be too hard to duplicate if you have the time). Thank you for the link! The shock info you provided didn't bear much fruit for me though (I may have to look into it more).

Most major shock companies will have spec tables, so that you can select the compressed / extended shock length you need.

Here's one for Doetsch shocks:

http://www.doetsch-shocks.com/37.asp

Bilstein would have the same similar info for their shocks......

Also, are all shocks that have a standard eyelet mounting have the same size hole/bushing in the center, or are there different sized holes/bushings?

Back