• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front lighting and turn signals

tylergrant2011

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 87' Mj 4.0L. Does anyone have an idea of why neither of my front signals work? Im getting power all the way to the connector on both because when o probe it with a test light it will blink. The back ones work just not the front. Also is there anyone with an idea of how to make my headlights brighter because they are only getting roughly 10.5 volts each. Thanks!:dunno:

Wiring issues ? Corrosion? Bad grounds ?

For +12 volts at the headlights, install an upgraded wire harness with relays.

Build your own wire harness or buy one, you can spend anywhere from $30 to $175+. Search for related harness upgrade threads here on NAXJA, or use the Google.

The LMC truck or Putco harness seem to be the most popular, less expensive pre-made harness.

Look at the two (double) ground wires that connect about halfway down the drivers side, inside fender well, in the engine compartment.Stripe back a little insulation on the wire and ohm test directly from the wire to the battery negative and see what you get.

Check the connector under the air box.

Maybe even do an ohm test from the outside of the light socket to battery negative.

Add a ground from battery negative to the inside of the passengers side fender well.

Ohm test your engine head to firewall strap ground.

Back