• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hot/live Fuse in 00' Interior Fuse Box

kc_eiland

NAXJA Forum User
Are there any HOT/LIVE fuses in the interior fuse box (passenger kick panel) on a 2000 XJ?

I just installed a HomeLink rear view mirror with compass and autodim feature and I need a constant power supply to hold the memory for the transmitter code for the garage door/gate opener.

I'd hate to tear into my beautiful wire harness I fabricated to reroute my constant wire to the battery.

Thanks in advance.

Are there any HOT/LIVE fuses in the interior fuse box (passenger kick panel) on a 2000 XJ?

I just installed a HomeLink rear view mirror with compass and autodim feature and I need a constant power supply to hold the memory for the transmitter code for the garage door/gate opener.

I'd hate to tear into my beautiful wire harness I fabricated to reroute my constant wire to the battery.

Thanks in advance.

I think the #13 fuse slot is not used but is wired to the battery, not the start/run circuit.

Edit: Not sure what Amp rating fuse would go in this slot, if used. You'd have to see what gauge wire is used on the feed side of the fuse holder.

20002001xjjb.jpg

the accessory 12V socket in the dash is hot all the time. Use that circuit.

I think the #13 fuse slot is not used but is wired to the battery, not the start/run circuit.

Edit: Not sure what Amp rating fuse would go in this slot, if used. You'd have to see what gauge wire is used on the feed side of the fuse holder.

I'll check this out. I ran a meter across all the fuses and none of them had power with the Jeep off. As soon as I went to ACC or IGN, I had power then. Hopefully #13 pans out.

87manche and Talyn, I'll try one of your options if #13 fuse spot isn't hot. The harness I built looks too damn pretty to tear apart, but at least those 2 options are closer to where the harness is already ran than the battery.

The feed circuit to F13 is a 12 gauge wire. You could use a mini fuse jumper to plug into that fuse slot. The jumper would need 12 Gauge wires. I wouldn't exceed a 15 Amp fuse in the jumper - 20 Amps as a long shot.

20002001xjjb.jpg

The feed circuit to F13 is a 12 gauge wire. You could use a mini fuse jumper to plug into that fuse slot. The jumper would need 12 Gauge wires. I wouldn't exceed a 15 Amp fuse in the jumper - 20 Amps as a long shot.

I'm just going to use this power supply as a memory holding voltage for the garage/gate RF signal. I'll be using 16ga wire with a 10 amp fuse. I already have an "add-a-circuit" fuse if there's power there.

I'm just going to use this power supply as a memory holding voltage for the garage/gate RF signal. I'll be using 16ga wire with a 10 amp fuse. I already have an "add-a-circuit" fuse if there's power there.

Let us know if that fuse slot is powered off the battery, and a few pics of your installation if it does.

Cheers, and good luck

What amps are you reading in the spare relay cavity #30 slot? Could also be a elec. source for your RV mirror comp. RF door opener.....

Thanks for all the help. I didn't have a chance to look into those fuse slots last night. My stupid washing machine decided to stop spinning, so fixing that pretty much consumed my evening. I'll look into the power supplys tonight and give updates.

So great success. Fuse spot #13 (on a 2000 XJ) is direct power from the battery. The rear view mirror is fully installed and works like a champ.

BTW... the mirror is out of a 2004 Infiniti FX35 (bought on eBay for about $45 shipped). It was a perfect fit on the XJ's windshield mounting tab.

Back