• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP! A/C Hoses for 87 CHerokee 4.0

js2sax

NAXJA Forum User
So I am replacing pretty much everything on our 87 XJ 2 door 4.0 Auto's air conditioning. I have purchased everything except for the hoses and NO one seems to have both available. I do not want to re-use the old hoses as this vehicle is just about to tick over 300,000 MILES! (yeah, we are plaaning a celebration!

ANy ideas?

There is a place near the town I live in that says they MAY be able to make the hoses but I would have to bring them in. Could be a lengthy process and they do not guarantee they can do it.

Any ideas?

If the old lines aren't leaking I would reuse them.

If you are converting from R-12 to R-134a there will likely be drop in the cooling performance compared to when it was new, unless you change to R-134a parts.

Converting everything to 134... all new parts which is why I want new hoses.. like I said. 300,000 miles is more than I care to trust for the old non-barrier hoses.

I did find one hose at 4WD hardware after calling Summit. Will probably have the other one custom made.

Crown Automotive | Part Number: CRO56002684

I HOPE!

Converting everything to 134... all new parts which is why I want new hoses.. like I said. 300,000 miles is more than I care to trust for the old non-barrier hoses.

I did find one hose at 4WD hardware after calling Summit. Will probably have the other one custom made.

Crown Automotive | Part Number: CRO56002684

I HOPE!

Just curious of what pump you bought. This is on " the list " for my '90. I was wandering if a newer 134 type would bolt right in.

you'll not find off the shelf replacements.

have them made or reuse the ones you've got.

Back