• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

converting to passenger side drop. '89 XJ

TXXJW350

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I've done some reading but I want some back-and-forth on this subject.

I have a 80's Dodge power ram drive train (dana 44 front, I believe 12-bolt rear) M/T drivetrain. I was looking to convert my jeep to passenger side drop to run the axle set.

I'm not concerned with fab work or suspension set-up but I need advice on transfer case options.

A D300 is passenger drop IIRC. I believe it is plug n pray with our trans. At least the ones with the correct bolt pattern.
Exhaust routing will be something you need to figure out. Probably just run it on the drive side instead?

What my buddy running a chebby sixty did was loop it over behind the times case

Youre better off holding out for a ford hp44 or a ford hp60 if youre willing to do all of that fab work.

sounds like a desirable front axle at least all the guys running chevy drive gear.

personally, i'd trade/sell it and find a drivers drop. or start looking for a different rig to stick those under.

Back