• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fairlead side roller bolts

Sean778

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I bought an ARB bullbar off a guy a few years back, but never got around to installing a winch until now. The guy I bought the bumper from kept the fairlead and the accompanying bolts that replace the side roller pins and attach the fairlead to the top of the bumper. I have the fairlead that came with my M8000, but I need those side roller pin bolts. Could anyone tell me the size please?

I realize how lazy I seemed asking this, but I was hoping to hit a good fastener shop on my way home from work yesterday, and I didn't have the fairlead with me.

I grabbed the pin from the fairlead today, took some measurements, and dragged my baby boy to a couple nutshops. Came back with 5/8" x 5 & 1/2" and 5/8" x 6", and assorted nuts and washers. Using a flat washer on each end, and a regular nut, the 6" bolt was about 1/4" too long, 5 and 3/4" would have been perfect, and 5 & 1/2" was too short to use the washers. I will be throwing some Loctite on mine, but if you were planning to add a lockwasher, or use a nylock, 6" is your ideal length.

I know it seems ridiculous to start a thread about this, but I spent an hour or two at home the night before, and all my break time at work yesterday searching the interwebs for that damn bolt size!
Thanks,
Sean

I just went outside and looked at mine.

I don't really feel like taking it apart, but I can tell you that the bolts are metric because they say 8.8 right on the bolt heads.

Not that it really matters ...

Back