• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Turn signal side marker

tylergrant2011

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 mj and I was wondering if anyone had the writeup and diagrams on how to wire the side markers to flash also. Thanks in advance.

I want to say that I just saw something recently on this over at comanche club forums. I know that the late model XJ's do this. My friend, whom I bought my MJ from did a 97-up swap and used the newer harness. Not sure exactly what is different. Apologies I can't be any more help.

The standard park/blinker is a double filament bulb (two lamps in one). The side markers are a single filament bulb. Making the side markers always dark except when the turn signal is used is easy. Making them light up and blink with the turn signals, is likely going to take a couple of relays.

With a couple of relays they can be set up to light in park and headlights. And can be setup to blink with the turn signal or opposite the turn signal.

I doubt there is enough room inside the side markers for a new socket and a double filament bulb. Maybe but I doubt it.

This is actually a good project to learn a little about electricity and simple wiring.

Last edited:
Back