• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

A/C Problems

branz1029

NAXJA Forum User
Just checked out my a/c. Once started the ac is cold and doesn't have any issues until it warms up sometimes the clutch will disengage and it will only blow cold air then turn back on and get cold again. It is very intermittent and doesn't really happen on a scheduled basis. Pressures are all ok and I don't have any leaks anywhere. Should I just replace the entire compressor assy. or does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this problem

it will only blow cold air then turn back on and get cold again

I don't see the problem here.

Now, if it starts blowing warm at random, and the clutch is acting normal, pull over and have a look at it. When the clutch is going, it'll slip enough to be obvious when watching it engage. You can see the clutch isn't moving near as fast as the idler, especially when you rev the engine. (grab the throttle linkage) It won't show up on a manifold until it becomes a more consistent problem.

Replacing the clutch is easy, cheap, and doesn't require evacuating and charging the system.

Back