• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Drivers window issues

codyfife

NAXJA Forum User
I had the classic grinding sound when the window would go all the way up or down. Replaced the window regulator and all was well until today. Went out after work, rolled the window all the way down and when I got home it would roll back up. Any ideas as to what went wrong??

I had the classic grinding sound when the window would go all the way up or down. Replaced the window regulator and all was well until today. Went out after work, rolled the window all the way down and when I got home it would roll back up. Any ideas as to what went wrong??

What's the problem here? If it rolls down and up, I dont see what's wrong.

What's the problem here? If it rolls down and up, I dont see what's wrong.

Not only did I **** that up, went outside and somehow the motor got unplugged after I rolled it down in the 2 minute drive from my ship to the barracks....weird :rof:

I found on the Dorman brand regulator/motor that I just replaced, the connector would never fully seat with the red lock mechanism engaged. The PO used a zip tie to hold them together. I ended up taping.

That's the exact brand I bought which would also explain why/how it came unplugged. Bought a head unit and speakers yesterday which will be the perfect excuse for me to rationalize tearing the door panel off once more....thanks!

Back