• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

June Trail Run- Vernal, UT Area

SandySteve

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
All: The June Trail Run is planned for Vernal, hopefully with our Vice President leading the way. I do not know my way around out there, and he lives there. So, put in your bid for a Saturday in June and let us know if you are going. By the way, I will be unavailable the 20th and 27th of June, but as I said our VP can do the honors this time.

Re: June Trail Run

I'll already be there racing on the 27th. And that's the only weekend in June I'll be free to go.

So I'm out :)

I would like to make this one. The first weekend is not available for me, but the other 3 are open so far.

I have to go to Denver on the 27th. I like the 12th and 13th personally. And if anyone needs a place to camp, you're welcome to set up at our place, complete with fire pit.

It is sounding like the run should be on the second weekend in June (Friday 12th and Saturday 13th) for those who want to stay overnight. Since OT knows the area, I will defer to him as Vice President to set up the run.

On friday I'd like to take folks out to a couple of rock crawling playgrounds, both local and easy to access. These range from easy to very difficult depending on the obstacles you choose to try. Let's set a tentative time for noon-1pm, to give people enough time to get here and set up their lodging.

On Saturday I really want to run red mountain. I'm ashamed to say that in almost 2 years of living here, I haven't had the chance to run it yet. So, if anyone knows the trail, you would probably be the best one to lead it. However, if there isn't anyone feels comfortable enough to lead, I know a few folks here that have run it and will probably be happy to take us out. Let's plan for 9am.

If we have time, possibly on sunday, we can take a leisurely drive behind dinosaur monument to check out the petroglyphs and some other incredible views. We can also hit some lesser known trails east of the green river if you like.

We can cookout at our place on Friday and Saturday.

I'm always open to suggestions, so don't hesitate to chime in if you have any.

Last edited:
I tried to PM you, but the system appears to be inoperable now. So, publicly I will say that I will only be there Saturday. I give you a salute for attempting to do something on Friday afternoon and Sunday, and I hope you get a group out there. However, so far this year all runs have had very low turn outs just for a partial day on Saturday. For example, in March there were 3 XJ's for a short run up to Promontory, the Spiral Jetty and the Golden Spike Historic site. The January run had about 6 vehicles, led by Ryan (Dr. Moab) which was decent, but then in May there were only 2 of us who went out into the West Desert on the Pony Express trail and did some shooting. Again, I hope we get a good showing, but I will only be able to make Saturday.

I'd like to be able to accommodate anyone that can be here, even if its just one day. I'll be going out all three days and it would be nice to have others come with me. I do understand that two weeks notice is difficult for many folks to work out the logistics of it, but it will be a great time with plenty of rocks and awesome scenery. It would be a shame for anyone to miss out on it!

Can you post up the meeting place and time for Saturday? Remember some of us coming from the Wasatch front have a 3-hour drive just to get there; so not too early please (9:00 or 9:30 AM maybe?).

You've got it steve. The meet-up will be at 9am at smith's grocery.

So what's the final count? Who will be coming, for what day(s), and where will you be staying?

You already heard for Jason (FloydXJ) who will have himself and another non-XJ. I will be coming on Saturday and will have my wife along. So far, no other takers. As far as my wife and myself, we will drive over Saturday morning and return to SLC Saturday evening, unless something happens. (We always pack a bag in case we need to spend a night in a motel.) Looking forward to the trip. By the way, another friend was over that way a couple of weekends ago and he said the Red Cloud Loop was closed... Still snowed-in. Just FYI.

My buddy had something come up and won't be coming. My 4 year old son and I are still in though. I might have someone else riding shotgun as well - but just one rig. :)

Right on. Can you call anyone that might want to come? Maybe get a new member or 3?
Where are you staying?

Back