• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

locker advice

brianolda

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 xj with the 8.25 rearand d30 front. This will be a strictly off road machine. What is the best locket for this situation?

Depends on how much you want to spend!
Full case locker would be strongest, but it's up to you wether you want selectable or not....
Rwk haus has great prices on lockers and other axle related items, fwiw

Spartan Lunchbox.... easy to install and from my experience pretty quiet. Ran one in my XJ 8.25 for years on 35 Cepek Crushers with no problems.

GrimmJeeper DD's his heep with a 29-spline 8.25 lokka locker running 33's

I have a front Detroit and am going to a lokka rear

Lokka = Aussie. I didn't know that.

if you have the budget go detroit, if you don't, go Lokka. If you want to get nutty, go ARB

35s and a stock carrier, Tend to not last long with insert lockers..

I would advise a Full case locker

I would advise a full case locker also the strongest of the lot. I run them in both a D30/Chy 8.25 Detroit Lockers, another advantage for them over the lunchbox's are they are quiet with 33's and 35" tires.

Has OP stated whether or not a regear will be involved?

speaking of budget has any one every bought a used arb air locker ive seen a few on ebay and they are about the price of new Detroit locker....

I run a ford 8.8 w/ LSD and a D30 with Aussie LSD in my DD. Only part that sucks in when I'm turning at low speeds to front tends to pop and chirp. Past that works great off road and on. You got lots of options and it just going to come down to how much you want to spend. In my CJ I run ARB's and they work awesome, but they cost a heck of a lot more.

Hi Folks, I'm Cora from Aussie Locker and also its President, and I'm here to help answer any questions. We are the original and only Aussie Locker, and we are focused on you, our customers, because we are a company owned and operated by experienced off-road enthusiasts. Our Customer Service and tech support phones are answered 24/7. If I'm working late in the shop the night before an event and need tech help, I want someone to answer my call. We at Torq Masters do the same for our customers.

All lockers are not created equal. There are a few major things to consider when you purchase a locker: The alloy steel from which it is made, its intended use, the available budget, and the company's customer service and promptness in shipping. What sets Aussie apart from the competition is our steel---the ONLY automatic locker manufactured from 100% certified made in the USA with 9310 hardened alloy steel. Lower grade alloys, while less expensive, also can equate to shorter life. Additionally, the Aussie Locker is the only automatic locker manufactured in a world-class ISO9001 certified CNC machining facility. Competitive lockers are all manufactured in foreign countries and imported.

As for intended use, Aussie Lockers are great for everyone from the beginning wheeler to rock crawling competitions to racing – all of which we do with our Aussie Locker promotional vehicles. As for budget---We know our customers want the best locker for their dollar, and we are doing that with American made products.

Don’t be fooled by Copycats. There is only one Aussie Locker---the Original Aussie Locker, now being Made in the USA, with the best materials in the industry.

Dear Aussie lokka is kicking your ass around. I got quoted 330 for a 29 spline 8.25 locker. Lokka was 240 shipped. With a 3 year warranty. I'll report back with the results from a few club races. It isn't my front Detroit but it seems damn close.

Back