• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bump steering.

jeeptec

NAXJA Forum User
I've gor 5 inches of lift on my Cherokee and has bump steer. When it compresses it goes one way. When it extendeds goes the opisite direction. I centered the front diff with in 1/8 inch. Caster Is 6.5 degress. Camber -.5 toes is aprox 1/8. I tried an 1 inch longer Pitman arm no difference. My track bar has a heim joint at the frame drilled out stock bracket. . I did order and waiting for the double shear bracket and matching end. Any ideas.

Your drag link and track bar need to be parallel.

Picture of your steering from the front would help.

Parallel from mounting point to mounting point like this:

916fd9830a696cc00b009e495ba72e3b.jpg

I tool a look this morning. No they are not parallel. The track bar at the frame is higher than the drag link. My double shear bracket should be her Tuesday. That should drop the track bar down into a parallel line.

Getting them parallel is probably the first thing but they also need to be as close to equal in length from pivot to pivot as well or you will still get some bump steer.

Back