• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best 0331 head replacement

midwestairgunner

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, I have a 2001 with a cracked head and I am looking at getting a replacement. After doing a search on here I found a few recommended shops to buy a new cast head (clearwater/odessa) but all the threads I have found were really old. So I was wondering if those "two" shops are still the best place to get a new head or if there are any better ones around these days.

Thanks.

I'm getting ready to do this on my wife's 00' and I'm gonna do an 0730 head. You do have that option... You just make some straps to hold the coilpacks and rework the exhaust or use a gasket adapter on the manifold.

I'm getting ready to do this on my wife's 00' and I'm gonna do an 0730 head. You do have that option... You just make some straps to hold the coilpacks and rework the exhaust or use a gasket adapter on the manifold.
Im more looking for a new head I can just drop in. Id prefer to find a new cast 0331 like the clearwater I just dont know if that is still a good place to go. I have looked for a 03+ tupy head to have rebuilt but no luck finding one

You can usually find rebuilt TUPY heads on ebay for $250 to $350.

TUPY or not TUPY, that IS the question...

TUPY works great. I've had mine on for a year. Check eBay. I got mine from a cylinder head shop that occasionally does them.

Back