• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Window Seals and Wipes Woes

Saudade

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I grew tired of the rattles and leaks around my front windows and ordered the front window channel seal and outer front door wipes from Team Cherokee. They went in easily enough with a bit of silicone spray but MAN are they tight.

So tight my electric windows won't roll up or down without assistance. In fact my pass window won't move at all. I tried adjusting the channel with no joy.

I hope they will compress a bit and become easier once they are exposed to some SoCal heat. For now I'm leaving the door panels off so I can reach in and push them up.

For those of you that swapped out your old hardened, cracked seals with the Team Cherokee ones, did they loosen up at all?

BTW: It's an 88 Laredo

The only one of mine that ever loosened up fully is the drivers door since I use it all the time. The others I used some silicone spray (light spray) in the window channels to break the friction. One of them still sticks sometimes, some kind of mechanical issue with it

Well, after a week, the driver side seems to have settled in. It "shudders" in one spot otherwise it moves smoothly and quickly.

The passenger windows moves now too but does get stuck in a few spots. If I rock the switch, I can get to move again. I can see the window canting and there's a lot of lateral movement so maybe the tracks are too far apart.

I try adjusting the tracks again.

Back