• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior light, accessories, radio gremlin

OZNAD

NAXJA Forum User
90xj. 4.0 Renix. Any other specifics you may need just ask.. Interior/courtesy lights, accessory outlets on fuse panel, and the radio aren't working.. No fuses are blown that I've found.. There used to be a noticeable click in the dash on the passenger side when turning on the radio that is no longer heard.. Some suggestions have been the ignition switch, grounds in general, and headlight switch.. There's electricity everywhere it needs to run and drive without issue but this has got me perplexed at the moment.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Drivers door wire harness issues are extremely common. Visually inspect and test with multi-meter for chafed wire insulation, damaged/broken wires, and failed wire splices. If the radio isn't stock, check the radio wire harness also.

I'd suspect the brown wire at the ignition switch connector. Though if this is the issue your horn and wipers should also be out. Next possibility is the fuse holder or or the fuse box wiring/connectors.

Back