• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar questions.

AKghandi

NAXJA Forum User
I'm wondering if I can use a track bar relocation bracket with this RC track bar

http://www.amazon.com/Rough-Country...8&qid=1431330737&sr=1-1&keywords=xj+track+bar

I have a RC 4.5" lift but I'm buying new shackles and coil spacers for the front.
which should lift about 1.5", I'll probably need shocks but BPE's are cheaper and should do the trick.

I need to know if this
http://www.amazon.com/Cherokee-Fron...31033&sr=1-1&keywords=xj+track+bar+relocation

will work with that track bar.

Ideally I'd get a better track bar but that is not in the budget right now... I'm already 4k+ into the lift, tires, winch and repairs. SHIPPING SUCKS.

Jeep for those interested.
28EFnW.jpg

I know, its too clean, I had just finished buffing it..

Lol.. do you plan on driving it on the street? That track bar "relocator" seems retarded.

I'd look into some more realistic track bars. I bent the rC one a long time ago. Very easily.

No. That one goes into the stock bracket and still has the ball socket. You need one that has flat bushings at both sides or him joint and one flat bushing. Buy a complete track bar kit with relocation bracket.

Thanks guys. just the information I needed.

the reason I'm going for more lift is I don't get much flex in the rear, I have the stock shackles. I want more flex but I don't want a rake. so I need to lift the front to compensate.

I also didn't put the coil isolators back when I installed the lift. So I was thinking some 2" spacers would kill 2 birds with one stone, as they would lift about 1.5" to match the rear.

I'll start looking into a new track bar, I really dont like the one I have anyways I get almost no droop and it looks pretty weak. I'm looking at this one, I like the adjustment on it.
http://www.roughcountry.com/forged-adjustable-track-bar-1042.html

If flex is really what you're concerned about, Then address the problem, dont cause more. What does your shackle angle look like? If the shackle is straight up, then you wont get much travel out of it. Me thinks you either need longer shackles, (which dont always translate into more lift) or add shackle relocators (HD off road).

If you're not getting the droop you want, I would look at your shocks, and your steering. Make sure neither one is holding you up. A longer Track bar doesn't give you more droop. There is a little bit of geometry involved in your suspension, the TB and the draglink should be roughly the same length, and in the same plane. This will allow the supsension to cycle with out causing bump steer.

Realistically, you should have an adjustable TB mounted in the stock axle location. (if you have stock steering) That will allow you to center the axle under the jeep. Personally, I would advoid adding lift, add a shackle relocator, and if desired, get an adjustable TB. Rubicon express, Teraflex, Rough country, ect. all sell them.

Last edited:
If flex is really what you're concerned about, Then address the problem, dont cause more. What does your shackle angle look like? If the shackle is straight up, then you wont get much travel out of it. Me thinks you either need longer shackles, (which dont always translate into more lift) or add shackle relocators (HD off road).

If you're not getting the droop you want, I would look at your shocks, and your steering. Make sure neither one is holding you up. A longer Track bar doesn't give you more droop. There is a little bit of geometry involved in your suspension, the TB and the draglink should be roughly the same length, and in the same plane. This will allow the supsension to cycle with out causing bump steer.

Realistically, you should have an adjustable TB mounted in the stock axle location. (if you have stock steering) That will allow you to center the axle under the jeep. Personally, I would advoid adding lift, add a shackle relocator, and if desired, get an adjustable TB. Rubicon express, Teraflex, Rough country, ect. all sell them.

My shackle is pretty much straight up. I dont really want to add lift but i dont think a relocator will help much with the short stock shackles, longer shackles will help. Ideally I'd get longer shackles and relocators. but that would mean new leaf packs or pulling leaves from my 4.5" pack.

As it sits right now i only get maybe 3" of up travel and not alot of down travel.
This shows it pretty well
r0K38x.jpg

jJ1XBH.jpg

Front flex is actually pretty good.

my TB is adjustable. and I added a slight drop pitman, maybe 3/4" everything is in line.

my droop limiting factor in the front is the axle end of the TB binding on the mount.If I unbolt it I get slightly more droop. I think this has to do with the fact my "4.5" lift is really somewhere around 5.5"

I think i'll just live with it for now, and when money allows I'll pick up the liquid iron slider boxes, and a new track bar. I really like those slider boxes.

Last edited:

The stock shackle will work just fine with relocators. It all has to do with the angle of the shackle, and if it's straight up, you're not going to get as much flex. I have the 4.5" RC leafs with the stock shackle with the bolt on HD off-road shackle relocators. I gained not quite 3/4 of an inch with these relocators. However HD off-road has a relocator kit that give you no lift and works with the stock shackle.

http://www.hdoffroadengineering.com...oducts/no-lift-xj-shackle-relocation-brackets

Your lift will settle some. I honestly don't believe that changing your track bar is going to fix your droop issue. I ran a 4.5" lift with an RE track bar in the stock location with no issues with droop. If it's binding in the mount you probably need to look if your axle is centered.

Last edited:
No lift relocators and a longer shackle will vastly improve ride quality and flex. Set the shackle at 45 degrees and you won't get much if any lift from the whole set up. i don't like the ball type track bar mounts as they do limit travel. I would run a double shear mount with a bushing or heim.

Back