• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

2000 Cherokee A/C issue

Theplasterman

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but could not find someone that had this same question. My 2000 Cherokee A/C clutch is cycling every 10 seconds or so and only stays engaged for a couple seconds. A/C blows hot so we were using a recharge kit to fill it back up. When I first connected it to the low pressure side it read 10psi so I juiced it up to 35 as directed. Issue is, the thing is still cycling the same with no cold air. Also when the clutch cycles on the psi drops to 10 or so psi and when it cycles off the psi climbs back up...any ideas on the possible issue?

You're still low on refrigerant. It should read 35 when the compressor is running. 10 is too low. It would be better if you used an ac manifold gauge set. To see the high pressure reading. Was it completely out of refrigerant? Hopefully there's no air in the system because you need to put a vacuum on it if there was.

Back