• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with light install

98GREENMACHINE58

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have searched granted I'm not the best at computers and such. Anyways I can't find a how to on aux light install I'm sure it's there somewhere.

I got some lights from my dad and a wiring harness I just don't know how to wire it up.

black goes to the headlights cause it splits into two.
Red battery
Blue ground?
Yellow I assume I splice into the green for the switch
Extra blue wire is for switch ground?

I think but also what goes on the third prong of the switch

And what the hell is this blue connector for??

Thank you. Did I mention I hate wiring anything!
e4db3fe0b8abd9c48b58e0b7bb767681.jpg

cbf3000136befadb93db9e6bdcb4cbd3.jpg
q
244df8211b05d86e60dbeca0fae617e1.jpg

What brand of lights ? Been to their website ?

I would throw out everything but the switch, and wire the lights correctly using a relay.

The third lug on the switch is probably for the ON indicator light in the switch.

standard.jpg

He gave me a set of PIAA and two sets of KC. The wiring should be the same no matter which light I use correct? I was going to swap them out until I find the set I like. Also thank you. This harness does have a relay I just didn't put it in the picture

Ok, so in the switch how will I know which two are power supply and which is ground? If I test for continuity only two should have continuity?

Thank you this is all helping me get closer to my goal.

standard.jpg
Power to "off" terminal of switch. Switched "on" continuity. A circuit breaker or fuse between a power source and switch is also a good idea.

Last edited:
Back