• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Track bar / frame mount for 2" lift

jls095

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

I'm in the process of doing a front end "restoration", replacing old worn parts with new. I want to tackle the track bar next. I'm currently sitting at somewhere between 1.5 and 2" of lift.

I'd like to get a new, adjustable track bar as well as a new frame mount. My existing frame mount is in rough shape and it appears to have a crack running down the side of it.

I'd really like to get an aftermarket track bar and mount, like the one offered from KOR. My major concern is that all of the aftermarket mounts are dropped and lower the stock mount. At my lift height, I really don't need a dropped bracket - I'm concerned that this will give me bumpsteer.

Does anyone know of a track bar + mount that will work well for me at 2" of lift?

My other alternative is to get the JKS adjustable track bar and a new Mopar mount. This is a pricey option though - the mount itself is $250.

I would go to the junkyard and get a serviceable frame side mount, then buy the Rough Country adjustable bar. It may take a couple tries to get a good joint on the frame side of the bar but it is a Moog ES3096L (If I recall) and available wherever you buy parts. RC is willing to send you almost any number of joints or reimburse you if you want to buy one locally - all of that is *IF* you get a loose one from the factory.
With all that said you may wonder why I'd pitch RC's track bar at all. It's because it fits a small lift wheras damned few other adjustable trac bars will. The stock bar has that big bend in it to clear the differential and almost nothing else I've found will work at that height.
At ~2" lift, it's stock track bar or RC or maybe one or two others - but you need a big bend in it to clear the differential so double-shear bars are "out".

I have a somewhat similar problem, 4.5" lift. I recently installed a Currie adj. track bar (6mos), then a week ago the original track bar frame bracket cracked and NO ONE seems to make a direct aftermarket replacement. So my options are to either replace the track bar (again) with a double shear version from another mfgr, most of which come with an aftermarket bracket the track bar bolts thru horizontally that everyone seems to be going to, or go to the junk yard for a replacement track bar frame bracket. I am really disappointed Currie doesn't make an aftermarket bracket for their track bar oriented for a vertical bolt...

Clayton Offroad sells a stock height 1/4" frame side bracket.

it is a much stronger double shear setup and they sell a standard adj. trackbar to go with it or an Hd version. The Hd version has a stronger axle side bushing that uses a larger bolt, which requires drilling out the axle side bracket.

You probably don't need the HD version, I am getting it because the holes on our axle side mount have wallowed out for a second time after being plated. But a few times a year ours gets heavy use in big rocks.

I have a 1.75" coil spacer over stock springs and have the same issue finding a good track bar setup. I currently have a Rusty's Offroad adjustable but the tie rod end is worn out and wanted to upgrade to doubleshear at the frame side with a bushing. I read that in order to run that setup that both ends of the trackbar have to be on the same plane or it will not work. All the trackbars made with a bushing at the frame end to be used in a doubleshear mount are for lifts 3" and up. Let us know if find something.

I have a 1.75" coil spacer over stock springs and have the same issue finding a good track bar setup. I currently have a Rusty's Offroad adjustable but the tie rod end is worn out and wanted to upgrade to doubleshear at the frame side with a bushing. I read that in order to run that setup that both ends of the trackbar have to be on the same plane or it will not work. All the trackbars made with a bushing at the frame end to be used in a doubleshear mount are for lifts 3" and up. Let us know if find something.

http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/cart/hardkor-track-bar-conversion-cures-death-wobble-p-1017/

I'd really like to get an aftermarket track bar and mount, like the one offered from KOR. My major concern is that all of the aftermarket mounts are dropped and lower the stock mount.

I have run a KOR mount, along with the matching JKS track bar, for eight or nine years, over 120,000 miles. The lift has varied from 2" to 4-1/2".
The track bar and drag link remain parallel to each other.

Spring for the extra hard bushings, they tighten up the front end and are a great help if death wobble is a problem.
Only issue I have had is with squeaking bushings, keep them lubed with a good polyurethane grease. I drilled both ends of the track bar and installed grease fittings.
I use a dedicated grease gun, filled with polyurethane grease to reduce the gooey mess. Poly grease is just about impossible to clean up or remove from your hands and clothes, nothing seems to dissolve it.

That's really great insight! I had originally looked at the KOR bar but then dismissed it because of the "dropped" bracket. I guess it's a really small drop? At the end of the day, all that matters is that the track bar and drag link are parallel and that the bar clears the diff.

That's really great insight! I had originally looked at the KOR bar but then dismissed it because of the "dropped" bracket. I guess it's a really small drop? At the end of the day, all that matters is that the track bar and drag link are parallel and that the bar clears the diff.

It's not that the drop is small, it's that the bar has a massive curve to clear the diff. It is a modified stock bracket with a JKS TB. As you have noticed, pretty much every double shear out there has a drop. What you could do is to take the stock mount and cut out where the joint mounts and weld in a channel for the double shear. Basically what KOR has done but integrated into the mount instead of welded to the bottom. You would not gain much here though, may 1/2"?

Last edited:
I ran the iron rock off road bad and mount on a 2" lift; they make one for low lift setups

Back