• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Want some soft shocks. Opinions?

mtpockets

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all,
Been a poor college student foe about 7 years now, but just graduated. While in school I converted the wife's 2WD 99 sport to 4WD with a 242 because we are in Utah and thought it would be good for the snow. Did everything cheap of course, even rebuilding the case and putting in a hack and tap I did the conversion for $650.00:clap: Anyway, I scrounged a while for lift parts and found some BDS springs for the rear, and Kore springs for the front. A friend gave me the shocks off his 07 JK Sahara that I did BPE's and installed,which brings on the question. These things are pretty jouncy (is that a word?) and stiff. Because of these shocks I'm a bit leary of mono tubes. I know everyone likes bilstiens on here, and I guess I would spend that much but don't really want to. I had RS9000X's on my previous 91, which were ok but not great for the price. A local guy is selling some ProComp MX6's that I thought of buying. Anyone used them? This thing is really a mall crawler so I want it comfy on the road. It may do a bit of four wheeling after we move to Texas in June, but I plan on building a crawler soon. I know ther are TONS of threads about shocks and I think I've read them all, but would like to hear from someone with the MX6's and any other opinion on soft shocks that are cheap.
Thanks all.

PS is ther a way to change our user names? I haven't lived in Tucson for 7 years now.:doh:

Doetsch DT3000 are very good for a generic like white painted shock.

I have pro comp ex1000 with about 2.5" lift. There soft, too soft most of the time. Ok for street and slow rock crawling. But way to soft for speed and washboards. On big bumps and whoops I find the bump stops constantly. They will be replaced eventually.

Back