• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rough Country 9,500 Winch Installed

Sluder

NAXJA Forum User
This was about the easiest project yet. Other than my RC winch bumper bolts already being torqued a few weeks ago and making it a little tough to line up the mounting bolts, the rest of the install was very easy and only took maybe 30-45 minutes.

Installing SYE right now so was able to test pull the XJ but it pulled my 5 yr old's gokart across the yard with no problem.

I'd definitely recommend.

I sure hope those shackle mounts are welded through the bumper. I can't imagine those 4 bolts holding up too well.
Otherwise, it looks good.

If you forego the useless stinger and mount the relay box behind the front crossmember (or some other remote location) you can cut two inches off the front of the mounting brackets and mount the bumper a like amount rearward. You also need to trim the bottom of the grille slightly for winch clearance. Big esthetic improvement. No longer looks so much like a "shelf" or a "tongue".

I suppose I coulda' been more tactful, but the bumper looks so much better moved back two inches and the stinger just gets in the way when you want to do anything under the hood. And it's so easy to do.

Back