• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle side track bar mount

Wanderingwest1979

NAXJA Forum User
I am almost done giving my xj a completely new suspension. I have the OME medium duty 2.25" lift installed.

I just pressed out the old axle side track bar bushing in favour of a new two piece poly bushing.

I noticed that the sleeve on the new bushing has a bit of slop in it. I am going to try and use the old bushing sleeve in its place instead.

How critical is this? I don't want to get into any DW scenarios here.

Also, since the new bushing is poly, the whole face will be in contact with the axle, should this be greased?

Slop as in with the factory bolt? If so you may need to drill out the factory hole and run a larger bolt and lock nut

^Im with Walker. These holes tend to oval out over time. if you didn't replace the hardware the bolt may be worn down some otherwise. the mount might be worn. lots of guts replate it with 1/4" for strength

Is the hole in the track bar mount big enough to fit a larger bolt in? Otherwise drill it out and install a larger bolt. That will be easiest

If it's CLOSE, stipple the outside of the bushin sleeve with an automatic center punch, sometimes you can get
Things to seat perfectly, say 20 dots around the ring,
And three rows.

But I could've read the thread wrong, seems like I'm not the only one.

Back