• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crysler 8.25 Fitting Larger Rear Wheel Cylinders

markaboo929

NAXJA Forum User
I am trying to fit a slightly larger rear wheel cylinder.The stock ones are a 13/16" bore size.I am thinking 15/16" or would settle for the 7/8" ones.I know,I know...ZJ Discs,but,for a tight budget for even a slight brake increase would be awesome.Stock set up just does not cut it.No lift stock tire 2 wheel drive does not even compare to my 88 set up.lifted 8" on 35's with dana 44,Exploder rear disc set up,ZJ guts in prop valve....that thing stops on a dime!!!!
Sooo anybody done/thought of this route?

Would the master push enough volume to make use of a larger cylinder? Or would you be sacrificing throw for pressure, and not getting them to adjust often enough?

Sounds like there's a lot of testing and experimentation that should go along with it. Discs suddenly sound more effective again to me.

On a strange note on Rockauto website it shows the 9" brake with ABS to be a 3/4" bore and NON ABS a 13/16" bore.The 8.25 does not have ABS it would be a Dana 35.

Back