• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM replacement fenders header panel

Trumbo

NAXJA Forum User
Hello all, first post here. I bought a 2000 XJ a few years back and am trying to maintain it as a clean daily driver. About a week ago some moron locked his brakes on me on an on-ramp and I rear ended him. I need a header panel, front bumper, drivers side fender and driver side bumper end. The yards here have nothing right now and I'm thinking of ordering OEM replacement parts if they are of good quality. Anyone here ever use them? What brands are of oem quality? Sorry if this subject has already been covered. Thanx.

The only OEM quality body parts I have seen, are genuine Jeep. Certi-Fit and the rest of the generic type body parts are all made in Taiwan or China, have mediocre quality and fit. Most generic replacement header panels are thin thermo plastic that is wavy.

Grilles, headlight trim, and bumper trim are easier to make right, and the cheaper ones are good enough.

Dang. I was hoping I could just bolt em on and take the jeep to the shop for paint. I guess I'll play the waiting game till a fresh one hits the yard. Thanx.

Check out rock auto. I got fenders and header panel when I couldn't find good ones in a yard. They fit good and all factory mounts lined up. There was no more tweaking than what I have done with oem panels in the past.

2 weeks after they came in I picked up a 2000 complete parts cherokee for 250.00 but oh well.

Check out rock auto. I got fenders and header panel when I couldn't find good ones in a yard. They fit good and all factory mounts lined up. There was no more tweaking than what I have done with oem panels in the past.

2 weeks after they came in I picked up a 2000 complete parts cherokee for 250.00 but oh well.

Ok. I'll study this some more. I hate waiting. Here's a pic of the damage. Everyone loves pics right?
image_zpsxdwnps8h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's only a scratch, it should buff out.

This last one I rebuilt needed some extra help.

standard.jpg

Ok. That makes me feel a little better. At least I'll be busy replacing the radiator tomorrow. Dang plastic tanks. Something to take my mind off the parts search haha.

i didn't even think of that. Luckily I didn't need a new baffle. It turns out the outlet was cracked and about to blow anyway. The actual leak was where the plastic and aluminum meet on the opposite end of the collision. The spectra radiator went in uneventful. As far as the parts search goes I broke down and ordered an omix Ada fender and an aftermarket bumper and fiberglass header panel. I'm in between jobs and want to fix this asap. Ill let you guys know what I think of these parts.

$40 bumper came in. All the holes line up. Thinner gauge steel though. I coulda paid more but I bet it's the same part with a different sticker. Progress not perfection.

Beware of ordering bumper brackets from Amazon. I ordered drivers side and they sent me a passenger side. Luckily I pounded the stock back to shape. Refund on the way way.

The parts are good. A little tweak of the fender. Can't post a pic. Gets punted off the site when I try. Time for paint estimates.

Back