• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these rims valuable?

Dave Meyers

NAXJA Forum User
Will soon pick up my new YJ that is equipped with XJ rims. I'd like to know if I these rims are sell-able, so I can replace the rims with either YJ or aftermarket. This is not a ploy to sell them in this forum, I would list locally sometime down the road. I cannot post a pic for some reason, but they are 10 spoke turbine 15 x 7 alloy or aluminum. They were factory rims on some XJs.

Go to ebay and see if anyone else is listing them, and for how much, and if anyone is bidding. If there have been any of that rim sold you might be able to see the old llisting but prob not what they sold for.

Xj Rims-image 338950811.jpg

I love them. mos hate them.

PM me what you want for the set. I will be running them on a full restoration MJ and it would be sweet to have matching spare.
they were the factory alloy option 87-88 ish. Maybe into the 89-90 era. No one really knows since it was the end of AMC.

Last edited:
I love them. mos hate them.

PM me what you want for the set. I will be running them on a full restoration MJ and it would be sweet to have matching spare.
they were the factory alloy option 87-88 ish. Maybe into the 89-90 era. No one really knows since it was the end of AMC.

My old 89 had them. I painted them the opposite way as the ones posted in the thread.

I have a set of those early XJ turbine wheels painted black on my ZJ. I wouldn't say they are valuable but you don't find them everyday. I had a set I sold not to long ago that were in nice shape and had all the center caps and I got $80 for them.

Not valuable by any means, but they are one of my favourite stock wheel (icons and the original mean being the only other two I like).

Not valuable by any means, but they are one of my favourite stock wheel (icons and the original mean being the only other two I like).

Little off topic, but I have a set of the old lattice style rims. I striped them (which was a real chore) and sent them off with a buddy to be tanked and powder coated (his idea, he worked at a factory that made rims). Powder coated kind of a silver grey, they look really nice. They look contemporary and not kind of funky like the old gold rims do.

I saw a pic of this rim with 31s on it and it looks great. I realized my dislike for the rim was its appearance with the 215 75 15s on it. If I get the YJ with those rims I'll keep 'em and put on 30" or 31" tires.

Back